How to import from China? And want to buy in bulk at market for your export business? Here we would like to introduce the best way. Which is to do wholesale business with Chinese export agency or trade company. That can guide you sourcing, purchasing and export from China. As well as assistant you buying from the Chinese trade companies, or wholesale market suppliers. So that to find the best product suppliers. And purchasing safe and easy for your export business. Below steps please keep in mind. As these are the basic knowledge to buy and import from China markets. With the basic service of Chinese companies for your export business. Especially for wholesale trade of buying in bulk products. Such as clothing, shoes, and bags. Or garment fabric, fashion accessories and other textile products.
Chinese Trade Company Guide You Buying And Export Business To Import From China Wholesale Markets
1. To be ready before import from China
In order to develop import export business in China. Without any troubles. You’d better to learn as more as you can, before import from China. There are a few things you should keep in mind. Which most of Chinese trade company will remind you. Before you buy and export from China wholesale market.
- A legal entity with registered license on your wholesale trade company, Or brand name for importing is necessary. And you should have the tax registration applied on your products. For VAT or IMT purpose of import from China. According to your state government requirement.
- It’s better for you to check the rules of your government. In order to ensure your goods is not fall under the surveillance. Or subject to import controls. Otherwise, it’s essential for you to obtain a licence. So that you can develop your buying and import from China markets legally.
- Please check the correct commodity code (HS Code). For the goods that you’re importing from China. And you should confirm the rates for VAT and duty. Or duty reliefs. As It’s vital in classifying your imported products for complete custom declarations.
- And you’d better to get a good and reliable local freight forwarder company in advance. In order to require the shipping forwarder, always advice you on the custom limits of imported goods from China if necessary. So that you can simplify the shipping and export business from China to your country without troubles. Furthermore, to guide you find the correct Chinese export company or business agency. Before you buying and import trade from China wholesale markets.
2. Find suppliers for your products in China
It’s easy to find Chinese suppliers or export companies via business websites. Or sourcing directly from wholesale markets, and China import export business trade fairs. If you want to start up with a small order to test your local market. Or to check if your Chinese trade company or export agency are good for your import business or not. Then you can find Chinese wholesalers or manufacture suppliers online easily. There are many useful online platform to guide you purchasing products from Chinese companies.
If you plan to dig deeper into a certain product category. And want to find cooperative Chinese suppliers or trade companies for you export business from China. Then you’d better visit a comprehensive exhibition for export trade business, or sourcing big wholesale markets in China.
（1） Online wholesale suppliers and Chinese trade companies
- Alibaba, which is the best B2B site for import export business from China. With huge quantities of Chinese wholesale suppliers and trade companies. Where You can find any products or suppliers you interested in export from China. Here the suggestion is that, don’t simply agree with the “Gold Supplier” in the website. As it is marked by an annual fee of $4000. So that you’d better to communicate and judge by yourself. In order to find the best Chinese supplier, products, or export companies.
- Global Source & Made in China. These two sites are mainly for stronger manufacturer suppliers, and direct China factories. Because the auditing standards and annual fees for members are very high. So the online suppliers of Chinese wholesalers or trade companies, are much better in quality and service.
- DHgate & AliExpress. These 2 sites are good for purchasing small MOQ. And cheaper price with stock readymade products. While the online suppliers cannot guarantee the quality. In fact, they usually purchase from the factories or other Chinese suppliers. And even from other Chinese trade companies. When they got orders. Which means these online suppliers maybe scam you for a bigger orders. And then buy from several different Chinese suppliers. How can they guarantee the product quality? So that it’s not good for you to choose the suppliers. For long-term business relationship import or export from China.
(2) Sourcing and buying from China wholesale market
In China, the most famous trading cities are Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and Yiwu. And each city has some huge wholesale markets. With featured products for purchasing and import from China. Furthermore, they are the biggest production centers, manufacturer hubs, and suppliers gathering place. In these cities, you can find certain interested products with the best price. As well as good wholesale export agencies or Chinese trade companies. Who can guide you sourcing and buying from China markets safer and easier.
A: Buying from Guangzhou markets
Guangzhou is the biggest apparel or fashion textile products wholesale markets in China. Or even in the world. Meantime, Guangzhou is the most famous export trade business center in China. And developing for more than 60 years. In fact, the apparel products are various categories with featured design or fabric material. For instance, lady fashion dresses, men’s t shirt and pants, and kids wear. Or knitwear, swimwear, and swimwear. Or denim jeans textile clothing, woven garments of skirt, suit, blouse, ect. As well as leather shoes, footwear accessories, and bags products. If you want to sourcing and custom made certain designs. It’s not a problem at all. Such as sports wear, trainers shoes, function fabric, etc. There are so many clothing manufacturers accept custom made service.
By the way, Foshan furniture wholesale markets are very famous for buying and export trade from China. As it’s the largest furniture and building material wholesale center in China. So many kinds of products. In fact, Zhongshan lighting products are famous too. There are many foreign buyers sourcing and purchasing, for their export business in Guangzhou China. Such as South Africa, Europe of UK, Italy, and Germany. As well as Australia, America, Canada, etc.
B：Shenzhen wholesale market for electronic export business
Shenzhen wholesale markets are famous too. There is the biggest electronics wholesale market in China. Whose name is HuaQiangBei. And you’ll find a wide range of electronical products. And most of the affordable and trendy electronic accessories come from there. In fact, Shenzhen is a comprehensive wholesale marketplace. There are many large manufacturers. And produce various kinds of products. Such as fashion lady’s clothing, function textile material and fabric. As well as children’s apparel, shoes, fashion accessories, etc. Anyway, the best place for fashion textile products are in Guangzhou market.
C: Yiwu samll commodities wholesale markets
Yiwu is mainly for small commodities export business. Such as stationary, socks, and umbrella, etc. While the products are all cheap price and poor quality. And the market is very big. Which connect in one place. There are thousands booths together in five main districts. So that it’s easy to compare the quality and price with different suppliers. Normally most of Africa clients sourcing and buying in Yiwu, and export from China market.
Nearby Yiwu wholesale market, there are several famous manufacturer hubs. Such as Wenzhou for cheap shoes, clothing, and plastic products wholesale trade. And Yongkang for metal hardware accessories and tools. Or Ningbo for garment, household products, and home appliance. And so on. Because Yiwu is nearby Shanghai and Hangzhou. So that the foreign trade export business are very popular. And you can find many Chinese factories or trade companies to buy from wholesale markets.
(3) Comprehensive Exhibitions
Canton fair whose name is China Import and Export Fair. In fact, it is one of the most famous and biggest comprehensive exhibitions. With the purpose of wholesale import and export trading business from China. And it’s mainly for large quantities and bulk orders export trade.
Canton fair is the largest exhibition event in China since 1957. There are 2 sessions each year. That Spring session in April, and Autumn in October. There are thousands Chinese factories and trading companies as sellers will join the event. During the fair term, more than 150 thousands of foreign buyers will come to sourcing products and categories.
Professional exhibitions are important channel for buying and import from China market. Such as furniture, lighting and textile fairs. Which will show Chinese products of the same category. Such exhibitions means you can find the suppliers in one category. There are many professional fairs in different China cities. Where are the manufacturer hubs or export trade business center in China. Such as Shanghai, Ningbo, Guangzhou, etc.
3. Shipping from China in 3 major ways
(1) Express or courier shipping
Express is a door to door shipping service. Which is the fastest way of shipping from China to your country. And you don’t need bother about custom clearance or duty payment. Because all of the custom clearance and declaration will solve in China and your local marketplace. Meantime, it’s easy to place order to express company. If you agree with an acceptable quote. Then you can wait to receive the goods in your address. There are some good express companies in China. Such as EMS, DHL, and UPS. Or TNT, Fedex, etc. And you can choose according to your preference. While please note, the cost of express are very expensive. Better to check with your China agent or trade company. Before you export shipping from Chinese market suppiers.
(2) Air cargo shipping methods
Air cargo shipping method is a popular way for export business. And the cost is cheaper than Express. While is still cost. And better to ship some high value products. Or some urgent goods for your sales in season. Normally, the air cargo shipping methods are a little complexity than international couriers. Below are the 3 necessary steps. And better for you to hire a Chinese export agency or trade company to help you handle such work.
- Local logistics in China. And export process with custom declaration and clearance documents. Which need finished in China.
- The arranged Air shipping from Chinese airport to your destination airport.
- Local logistics and import process according to your country’s requirements.
(3) Sea Transport (FCL & LCL)
Sea freight is the cheapest way of export business. And it’s secure and easy for shipping. While the time is usually up to 20-30 days. So that better for some bulk products and not urgent.
Anyway, it’s easy to handle too. Normally, your Chinese export agent and handle without troubles. For instance, collect your goods to their warehouse. Then arrange container loading in the warehouse. And shipped after cusom clearance. Here need remind you, better to hire a local shipping forwarder or import company. To help you handle cusotm clearance work when the container arrive. Finally, you can open the container in the warehouse at your destination port. Or even in your own warehouse.
4. Meet the full details of import from China
(1) Labeling Requirements export from China
You need comply with the related regulations of marking and labeling. In order to avoid your cargo being seized by the customs authorities. Furthermore, all of the invoice and labels you use, need include not only details of the receiver and sender. But also other detailed information necessary. For example, the detailed information should including: quantity of goods, order value, and commodity codes. As well as complete description of the imported goods. Or other special requirements according to your local government.
Make sure that your invoice is typed and avoid making manual changes.
Below are the list of items, but not limited, based on your country’s requirements.
- Date of manufacture
- Product name and description
- Net weight
- Maximum retail price, including taxes
- Batch id (if required)
- Your address
- Month & year the product was imported
- Country of origin
(2) Custom clearance documents
Please keep mind to prepare the following documents before the shipment arrives.
- Bill of Lading (Sea Freight) or Air Waybill (Air Freight)
- Commercial Invoice
- Packing List
- Certificate of Origin (if applying for reduced duty rate)
- Insurance Policy / Note
- Product Description / Catalog
- Commodity code (HS code)
- Purchase Order or Letter of Credit
- Industrial license (if required)
(3) Certifications if required
Essentially, there maybe some requirements from your country for certain certifications. And do remember to consult from your side and keep in mind. Please offer or remind your Chinese suppliers or export companies in time.
You’d better clarify the affixing position, dimensions and graphical files of the products unit. And send to the Chinese suppliers or your agent company. As well as user instructions and packaging requirements. If necessary.
Import from China is complicated and it involves a lot of paperwork. If your country have some other regulations, don’t worry. Because your China trade company will comply accordingly. And help you solve all of the issues. Therefore, hiring a good Chinese export trade company before you buying from wholesale markets. Which is really a smart thing for your import and export business from China.